Saturday 12 November 2016

Festiwool




I popped in to Festiwool for an hour or so this afternoon.







The weaving workshop looked
fabulous.
















I was sorry to have to opt-out of the sewing workshop, as I wasn't feeling well.

The tutor is arranging a private lesson for me when I'm feeling better.













I was impressed by the variety on offer from the stall holders this year.


Love these caps. I'd like to make one and would have liked to stop and ask what is used inside the peak.
















Aren't these crocheted wraps lovely?




















Such delicate lace-work.



















It was  nice to see such a variety of techniques for creating fabric on offer,






















and such lovely, sustainable yarn on offer from all over the world.

















North Herts Spinners, Weavers, and Dyers, displayed some of their work. Hilary's log cabin weave was worked on our recent away-weekend.















I was sorry to miss the fashion show(s) which were staged throughout the day. I would like to have seen our group's work showcased.






I made a couple of purchases, including some cotton yarn from Unique Yarns Co. that I will be trying out on my loom. It's 100% cotton, dyed to resemble leather. It's a ribbon yarn, and, although fine, has the same wraps per inch as an aran weight.














The turnout was a little down on last year by the time I left at 2pm but there were another 3 hours to go, and people were still arriving. Those who were early birds were taking a rest in the Food Hub and on the Atrium steps.